Information about coronavirus covid-19
Covid-19 is an infectious disease caused by a novel strain of the coronavirus. The disease is reminiscent of the flu, with symptoms such as fever and coughing. Most people experience mild symptoms, but some become seriously ill. Region Uppsala is actively working to reduce the spread of infection within the county.
Personal lockdown for residents of Uppsala County.
- Do not meet with anyone other than those you live with.
- If you have the slightest symptoms - Stay Home.
- In general, work from home if you can.
- Avoid staying in indoor environments close to others.
- Maintain a distance of at least two metres away from other people.
- Only travel on public transport if you don’t have a reasonable alternative, and if you do, wear nose and mouth covering.
Advice from the infectious diseases control doctor in Uppsala County.
Assume that everyone you come in contact with is infected.
Covid-19 has many symptoms similar to those of a cold or flu. Always stay at home if you feel as though you have a cold. This prevents more people from getting sick. Most people who fall ill with Covid-19 experience mild symptoms and do not need to contact the health care service.
Call 1177 if you need medical advice. Then you can get help to assess your symptoms and information about where to seek care.