Health practitioner from outside of Sweden

To be able to work as an healthcare practitioner in Sweden you need a Swedish medical licence.

Different rules apply for applicants from the EU/EEA and from outside of the EU/EEA.

To apply for a job as an health practitioner at Region Uppsala, you must:

  • Obtain a Swedish professional license to practice.
  • Have good knowledge of the Swedish language.
  • Be well acquainted with current health care legislation.

If your license is from outside the EU/EEA you will also need a working permit.

The requirements of Swedish license to practice medicine is established by the National Board of Health and Welfare.

You can apply for Swedish licenses at the National Board of Health and Welfare’s web page.



Storgatan 27, 75331 Uppsala

Hitta på sidan